Yes, it really is all happening in Berawa. Excellent restaurants, divine speakeasies, designer boutiques and beach clubs galore. All well and good, but where would you actually stay if the mood took you? Hotels in the actual area are few, far between and really not very lush! Thankfully, the villa scene is a definitely a more sophisticated option, and one such brand which bleeped our radar was Munno Bali.
Down a quiet side street, a ways away from the mayhem that is Jalan Pantai Berawa, Jalan Tegal Sari is a calm, quiet and cool cul de sac, and as such it does not offer through-road options to the hundreds of Scoopys or N’Maxs that infest the area! Opening only in May of 2022, we would have thought it would be a villa that overcrowds the very land it stands on – you know the one? Where you put the key in the door and practically fall in the pool! Not so Munno – so thank you for that!
The Top Ten things we loved about Munno:
- The land/build ratio across the eight villas of between three and four bedrooms.
- The spaciousness of the actual villa interior.
- The generous size of the rooms.
- The collaboration with local partners for an authentic art and cultural experience.
- The bathrooms – bronze clad stone walls; large green stone sinks; fabulous brass showers heads and taps, soft fuuullluffffy towels.
- The amenities – Sensatia, all the way.
- The kitchen dining area/size allowing for ease of dining-in or catering.
- Three bedrooms / Duplex living – Master on the ground floor and two bedrooms upstairs, King bed in one and a twins in the other.
- Japanese zen-like garden.
- The pool.
The Munno staff is super welcoming yet also know not to invade privacy. Being so close to Atlas Beach and Finns Beach Club we did think we would be able to hear the music from the villa, but this was not the case. The wander up to the main drag, and the perks of being in the thick of it, meant that we enjoyed a good wander and a delightful discovery of restaurants, pubs and clubs all within walking distance. From Ulekan for lunch, to Sababa for a vino, to Finns for a GnT to Morabito – we even made it to Vault… without ever needing to jump on a bike, or in a car!
Munno Bali is THE new sanctuary in Berawa, seamlessly blending Contemporary and Bali into a delightful overnight experience, with the added value of being walking distance to everything!